One of the things you have to pay attention to when looking for the best laptop is the operating system. The best laptops use Windows, which contains the Microsoft office software.
This software can help you achieve a lot since it gives you access to different packages such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word. Getting the best laptop for Microsoft office can help you come up with great presentations, write various articles, and even create spreadsheets. Though there are many laptops based on Microsoft office, not all of them are worth buying. We put up this guide to help you figure out the specific models that you should focus on. Enjoy!
Reviewing the best laptop for Microsoft office
Lenovo Legion Y540-Ideal for accountants
- Powered by latest 9th Generation Intel Hexa-Core i7-9750H Processor @ 2. 60GHz(6 Cores, 12M Cache, up to 4. 50 GHz), Powerful 6-core, twelve-way processing performance.
- 15. 6” FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-glare display: The 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity. IPS technology for wide viewing angles. Energy-efficient LED backlight. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5 dedicated graphics
- 24GB DDR4 2400 SDRAM Memory for full-power multitasking; 1TB HDD + 512GB PCIE SSD offer enough storage for your files. Pci-e SSDs are great for major gaming applications, multiple servers, daily backups, and more.
- 802. 11 AC (2 x 2) + Bluetooth 4. 1; 3 x USB 3. 1 Gen 1, Mini DisplayPort 1. 4, HDMI 2. 0, RJ45 Ethernet, Kensington Wedge Lock slot, 1 x USB 3. 1 Gen 2 Type-C, 3. 5mm microphone/headphone combo, NOVO hole
- Windows 10 Home; White-backlit Keyboard; Up to 5 hours of battery life
Unfortunately, this is a heavy laptop that you cannot easily carry around.
- Display: 15 inch
- Storage: 1TB HDD and 512 GB SSD
- RAM: 24 GB
- CPU: i7-9750H
You should also expect an excellent graphics performance from this laptop since it contains Nvidia GTX 1650. If you like gaming, you can try playing titled games on this computer. It comes with sufficient video memory to handle numerous games such as Fortnite, Overwatch, and Witcher 3. The laptop also offers adequate space for you to store games and movies easily.
Apart from that, the 15-inch display also attracts many people to this laptop. Since this laptop uses the thin bezel design, it is compact like other 14 inch computers. If you deal with numbers a lot, you will also appreciate the numerical keyboard included in this laptop. It has a dedicated number pad for laptop users that use Microsoft excel frequently. Lenovo legion also consists of a large trackpad that features tactile and responsive buttons.
- Numerous ports for connecting different accessories
- Comes with an impressive numerical pad
- Dual drive storage
- Thin bezel display
- It lacks a DVD drive
- The battery life disappoints many
If you like laptops that come with a modern thin design, you should consider Lenovo legion. It is, however, not suitable for travelers due to its heavyweight. Despite this, the laptop can run different Microsoft office apps without any problems.
Acer Aspire 7-Pocket-friendly option
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750h 6-Core Processor (Up to 4. 5GHz)
- NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 with 3 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 15. 6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display
- 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory & 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Backlit keyboard | LAN: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port) | wireless: 802. 11AC Wi-Fi featuring 2x2 MU-MIMO technology (Dual-Band 2. 4GHz and 5GHz)
It cannot, however, handle graphic-intensive tasks like machine learning or video editing.
- RAM: 16 GB
- CPU: i7-9750H
- Storage: 512 GB
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Feel free to run different games using this laptop. Many users reveal that it does not lag or overheat during use. This laptop also features Windows 10, which is relatively easy to use. On the four sides of its display, the laptop features some thick bezels which give it a sturdy look and feel.
Besides casual gaming, you can also use it for other tasks such as online learning or watching videos. It can give you a great experience since it reproduces great color and impressive viewing angles. You will also like the numerical keyboard that comes with this laptop. It has a trackpad built in it, which is known to offer a great tracking experience. Some people, however, find the size of the trackpad smaller than on other laptops.
- Excellent keyboard
- The storage is upgradable
- Comes with a good looking display
- It is sturdy
- The fingerprint sensor is slow
Even though this laptop may look dated and a bit bulky, the weight is not that much. You should, therefore, not have difficulties trying to carry it around. You will also like the battery life of this laptop and numerous ports included in it. Choosing this laptop is worth it since it can give you value for your cash.
Dell XPS 13- suitable for students
- Infinityedge display, enabling a 13. 3" Screen In an 11-inch form Factor with an 80. 7% screen-to-body ratio
- Vibrant colors: by maximizing the color spectrum with 100% sRGB color and a 1500: 1 contrast ratio, every Shadow takes shape and even bright scenes gain definition
- Beautiful from every angle: The anti-reflective screen combined with superior 400-nit brightness frees you to enjoy your entertainment outdoors. Plus, the IPS panel provides a wider viewing angle, so you can share your screen without missing a thing.
- Stunning strength: The XPS 13 is cut from a single block of aluminum
- Seamless PC/smartphone integration: access multiple devices without dividing your attention mobile connect pairs your iOS or Android smartphone with your laptop.
It is, however, not the best for graphic-intensive tasks.
- Battery life: 9 hours
- RAM: 16 GB
- Display: 13 inch
- Storage: 1 TB SSD
The storage is also enough to help you do daily tasks such as writing papers or creating a PowerPoint presentation. It comes with a 13-inch display with 4K resolution. Most users like the excellent color reproduction of Dell XPS and the thin bezels on its sizes. Even though this laptop has a glass trackpad, it does not feature a dedicated numerical keyboard. If you want to use it for software such as QuickBooks, you need to buy an external keyboard separately.
- It is well constructed
- The trackpad offers gesture support
- Comes in a compact design
- Great battery life
- The web camera is great
- It lacks the dedicated numerical keyboard
All the USB ports in this laptop are type C. Despite this, it features a headphone jack and long-lasting battery life. You can use this laptop for about 9 hours without the need to recharge it.
Surface laptop 3– Great for teachers
- Clean, Elegant Design: Thin and light, starting at just 2.79 pounds, Surface Laptop 3 is easy to carry
- Choose From Rich Tone-On-Tone Color Combinations: New Sandstone, plus Matte Black, Cobalt Blue, and Platinum
- Improved speed and performance to do what you want, with the latest processors. Surface Laptop 3 is up to 2 times faster than Surface Laptop 2
- More ways to connect, with USB-C and USB-A ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging
- All-day power on the go, with up to 11.5 hours of battery life, Plus standby time when you’re away. Go from empty to a full battery with fast charging, up to 80 percentage in about 1 hour
The price is, however, high
- RAM: 16 GB
- Display: 13 inch
- Storage: 512 GB
- Battery: Can last for 11 hours
- Resolution: 2256 x 1504
Thanks to the adequate SSD storage, this laptop opens software fast and boost in seconds. The touch-based display is also quite impressive since it is visually appealing and offers high color accuracy. This laptop also has a backlit keyboard as well as a responsive trackpad. You can even use the laptop to type in low light conditions since the keys feature an LED and are quite tactile. The overall design of this laptop also makes it stand out. Since it comes with a metal unibody design, you don’t have to worry about its durability. On the sides of the laptop, you will find different ports that can help you connect accessories.
- Excellent trackpad
- Compact design
- Decent battery life
- It features a tactile keyboard
- Responds well to touch
- Upgrading it can be a bit challenging
Surface Laptop 3 has many impressive features. The battery life is also quite decent since you can use it for about 11 hours on a single charge. If you like laptops that have a compact design and have great tools, this model is for you.
Dell G3– Ideal for gamers
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5 8300H Processor (quad core, 8MB Cache, up to 3.9 gigahertz w/Turbo Boost)
- 8GB 2666 megahertz DDR4 up to [32GB], (additional memory sold separately)
- 128 GB (SSD) Boot + 1 TB 5400 RPM [SATA] HDD Storage
- 15.6 Inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti Glare, LED Backlit Display
- Be more productive. Windows 10 is the best for bringing ideas forward and getting things done
Some people, however, find the design to be outdated.
- Storage: ITB HDD and 128 GB
- Display: 15 inch
- CPU: Core i5-8300H
- Battery: 5 hours
- RAM: 8 BG
This laptop also allows you to multitask since it comes with sufficient storage and RAM. Though Dell G3 features a 15-inch display, the brightness is lower than what other laptops offer. It also comes with a numerical keyboard that is not backlit. Though this laptop contains a trackpad, you should get an external mouse for your gaming needs since this feature only has an average performance. It is not a laptop that is meant for traveling since it comes with a weight of about 5.9 pounds.
You, however, get different ports from this laptop, such as Ethernet, HDMI, USB-A. Do not expect any Type C USB ports from this model. The battery life is not as impressive as in other models since this can only last for about 4 hours. Consider getting a power adapter if you intend to use this laptop for gaming so that the charge does not keep on inconveniencing you.
- It is budget-friendly
- Comes with a dedicated numerical keyboard
- It is easy to upgrade and repair
- Offers two storage options
- It does not have the best trackpad
- It lacks a Type C USB port
Though Dell G3 is not perfect, it is an affordable laptop that is capable of handling different software, including PowerPoint and Excel easily.
Lenovo Ideapad 330– Great for home use
- 15.6” HD 1366 x 768 Energy-efficient LED backlight Display, 8GB DDR4, 1TB HDD
- 8th Gen Intel Core i3-8130U mobile processor, Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 2 x USB 3.0 Type A Ports, 1 x USB 3.0 Type C Ports, 1 x HDMI Outputs (Total), 1 Headphone Jack
- Wireless-AC WLAN, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Bluetooth, No DVD
- Windows 10, 14.9 x 0.9 x 10.2" , 4.85 lbs
The battery life disappoints some users
- Display: 15 inches
- Memory: 8GB
- Processor: Core i3-8130U
It, however, works well on different apps and software. You can use it to open additional tabs at a go and enjoy multitasking. This laptop can manage Microsoft office tasks with minimal issues. You cannot, however, use it for gaming since it does not have a graphics card.
- High performance
- Contains a Type C USB port
- Lacks a dedicated graphics card
If you do basic computer tasks at home, you can upgrade your current PC with this laptop. It comes with a simple design and affordable price tag.
These are the laptops we don’t recommend for Microsoft office
HP envy x360– poor battery life
- 13.3" Full HD touch screen, 1920 x 1080 resolution, IPS technology with Energy-efficient WLED backlight, supporting Windows Ink
- AMD Ryzen 5 2500U, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 8 GPU Cores, Base Clock 2GHz, Max Boost to 3.6GHz
- 8GB memory, 128GB SSD, AMD Radeon Vega 8 Integrated graphics chipset with shared video memory provides solid image quality for Internet use, movies, basic photo editing and casual gaming.
- 360° flip-and-fold design, Bluetooth and WIFI enabled. Windows 10
- Weighs 2.87 lbs. and measures 0.6" thin, Headphone/microphone combo jack. 2 USB 3.0 Type A Ports, 1 USB 3.1 Type C Port, SD card reader
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB SSD
- Has a backlit keyboard
- Poor trackpad
- Disappointing battery life
- It produces a loud noise
- It is slow and unreliable
If you don’t want a laptop that keeps on crashing during use, you should avoid this model.
HP 15– Low qualityThis may be a stylish laptop that looks good, but its performance is not satisfactory. Most users reveal that it is slow. The quality of this laptop is also low, and it may not last for long. It also takes a long time to charge fully and drains power fast. You cannot use it to conduct certain tasks such as playing games since it is not equipped with powerful features. This laptop also tends to overheat with time, and it comes with an uncomfortable touchpad.
- Display: 15 inch
- Processor: i3-8130U
- RAM: 8GB
- It is lightweight
- It overheats
- Poor quality laptop
- Charges slow
- The touchpad is not smooth
We could not add this product to our list due to its poor performance. It is relatively slow and frustrating.
Finding the best laptop for Microsoft office
The numerous laptop models for Microsoft office can make choosing the best one challenging. You should, however, be keen on the following to find the best laptop.
Look at the quality of the laptop keyboard before buying any model. You should choose a laptop that comes with a comfortable keyboard, especially when you do a lot of typing. A good model should also have room for the numeric keypad. Ensure that the keys respond fast to touch.
For you to find the best laptop, you have to figure out how good a different model performs. Looking at the specs of a model can help you gauge its performance. Choose a laptop that has RAM of at least 8GB and a powerful processor so that you can achieve tasks such as opening large excel sheets or creating PowerPoint presentations with ease.
Go for a model that features SSD based storage so that you will not have problems trying to run different apps or storing a large amount of data. Getting a laptop that comes with SSD storage can also help you enjoy fast loading and booting. Apart from the specs, you can also learn more about a laptop’s performance by going through customer reviews.
As you shop for a good laptop for Microsoft office, you should also determine the type of design you prefer. Laptop manufacturers now offer them in different designs to try and appeal to users with different taste. You can either choose one that folds down onto a keyboard or get one that comes with a touchscreen. The market also offers 2 in 1 laptops that can turn into a tablet. This is the modern design that many people choose.
Look at the weight of a laptop. If you want one that you can always carry when commuting to and from the office, you should go for the lightest model. Heavy and bulky laptops should not be moved often.
People have different views regarding which laptop they think is the best for Microsoft office. That is why we came up with a comprehensive list of the best laptop for Microsoft office that includes details regarding each type to help you choose your favorite model. Remember to make your investment wisely since buying a laptop is a costly affair.