The conventional storage systems are often slow and bulky. If you dislike waiting for your system to boot up or transfer files, you should choose a laptop with SSD.
Solid-state drive, commonly known as SSD, has brought a significant difference in how laptops perform. This system can help your laptop boost fast and open different programs in seconds. It also increases the rate at which files get copied on a laptop. Despite the advantage of laptops with SSD, most of the options available come at a high cost.
If you want a computer with SSD but don’t have a lot of cash, worry not. We will introduce you to the best budget laptops with SSD to simplify your search. Go through this buying guide and learn everything you should know regarding the different models available. Enjoy!
Comparison table for the best budget laptops with SSD
Reviewing the best budget laptops with SSD
Acer Aspire 5– Ideal for school
- 15. 6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-Backlight Display, 8th Generation Intel Core i3-8130U Processor 2. 2GHz (Up to 3. 4GHz, 4 MB SmartCache), with Intel UHD Graphics 620. Featuring the 8th gen Intel Core i3 processor, experience powerful performance and seamless computing for your everyday tasks. With Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2. 0 you get that extra burst of performance, smooth streaming, and brilliant HD entertainment when you need it.
- 6GB system memory for advanced multitasking - Substantial high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at once. 1TB hard drive for ample file storage space - Holds a significant collection of digital photos, music, HD videos and DVD-quality movies.
- Next-generation wireless connectivity: Connects to your network or hotspots on all current Wi-Fi standards. Connect to a Wireless-AC router for speed nearly 3x faster than Wireless-N. Built-in HD Webcam (1280 x 720) supporting High Dynamic Range (HDR).
- The USB 3. 1 Type-C port supports ultra-fast data transfers and USB 3. 0 port can charge up your devices when the laptop is powered off. Optical Drive: DVD RW - Watch movies and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats.
- Windows 10 operating system: Windows 10 brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen.
People who are used to laptops with SSD find this model limiting in terms of its features.
- Processor: Intel i3-8145U
- RAM: 4GB
- Ports: 1 Ethernet port, 3 USB ports, card reader
It features the PCIe NVMe standard, which makes it quite fast. Acer Aspire 5 provides numerous ports that you can use for different purposes. For instance, it includes 3 USB ports, a card reader, and HDMI Ethernet. You can use this laptop for about 9. 5 hours without necessarily recharging it. Such a battery life is quite impressive, especially when you stay in a place that experiences frequent power loss. Since the laptop also features Windows 10 in S mode, it is suitable for school use. You, however, have the option of switching it to the regular mode.
- Backlit keyboard
- Slim design
- Impressive battery life
- Intel Graphics 620
- Some customers report that it is not long-lasting
If you decide to choose this laptop, you will enjoy impressive graphics and a backlit keyboard. You can use it even in low light conditions. It is among the cheapest laptops with SSD that comes with excellent features.
Dell Inspiron 3567– Suitable for gamers
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7200U Processor (3MB Cache, up to 3.10 GHz)
- 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 up to 16GB (additional memory sold separately)
- 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive, Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
- 15.6-inch HD (1366 x 768) True-life LED-Backlit Display
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
Unfortunately, it does not provide a built-in CD/ DVD drive.
- Processor: Intel Core i5-7200U
- RAM: 8GB
- Graphics: Intel UHD 620
- Screen resolution: 768 x 1366 pixels
The screen of this laptop is about 15 inches. It is among the latest models that are touch compatible. You will also find the battery life of this laptop decent since you don’t have to recharge it even if you are using it for long. Some of the ports that you should expect from Dell Inspiron include an HDMI port, Bluetooth, Ethernet, and USB ports.
- You can use it for at least 6 hours without recharging it
- It is touch compatible
- Handles daily tasks well
- LED backlight
- Intel graphics 620
- It lacks a power brick charger
Dell is a well-known manufacturer of quality laptops. The company does justice to this model since most people have a lot of positive remarks regarding it. Dell Inspiron is a reliable and powerful laptop that uses the SSD system. Choosing this laptop also helps you save some cash since it is not very expensive and yet comes with some incredible features.
Asus VivoBook S15 -One of the most versatile laptops with SSD
- ScreenPad 2.0 adds an interactive, secondary 5.65” touchscreen to enhance productivity
- ScreenPad 2.0 fits a series of handy ASUS utility apps: Quick Key, Number Key, Handwriting, Slide Xpert, etc.
- 15.6 inch Full HD 4 way NanoEdge bezel display with stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Powerful Intel Core i7-8565U Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.6 GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce MX250 2GB GDDR5 Graphics and Windows 10 Home
Since it is quite slim, it has no space for a DVD R/W.
- Display: 15.6 inches
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Intel Core: i7-8550 U
- Fingerprint sensor
The company that created this laptop has done an excellent job of trying to make it unique. Its NanoEdge display makes it stand among conventional models. Apart from the compact design, it is also equipped with at least eight ports on its sides. The high number of ports makes this laptop quite versatile. Apart from USB ports, Asus VivoBook also contains HDMI ports and a jack.
- Comes at a fair price
- Features an ultra-thin body
- Portable and lightweight
- Enhanced connectivity
- Backlit keyboard
- Some people find the display to be dull compared to other models.
If you prefer slim PCs, you should consider this model. It is a lightweight laptop that you can carry for a while. The battery lasts for around 6 hours, which is enough to do most tasks on your laptop. This laptop can handle anything without overheating.
Apple MacBook Pro– An all-round laptop with SSD
- Quad-core 8th-Generation Intel Core i5 Processor
- Brilliant Retina Display with True Tone technology
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645
- Ultrafast SSD
The battery life does not impress many customers.
- Graphics: Intel Iris Plus 645
- RAM: 8GB DDR4
- SSD: 128 GB
- Resolution: 1920 x 3072 pixels
Thanks to the incorporation of Retina technology, the display of this laptop features millions of pixels. It means that you can, therefore, enjoy excellent image quality. Besides that, you should also expect some excellent features on this laptop, such as 3 USB type C port. It is an all-round laptop that has amazing specifications, decent battery life, and an excellent screen.
- Comes with a fancy-looking keyboard
- It is durable
- Delivers high image quality
- It is highly responsive
- The price is higher compared to the other laptops on our list
Apple products continue getting popular each day, and this laptop from the company does not disappoint. It is not only equipped with some useful features but is also quite durable.
Lenovo Flex 5-it is a two in one product
- Powered by the latest 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U Processor 1.6GHz(4 Cores, 6M Cache, up to 3.40GHz), provide responsive, powerful performance Whether you're gaming, streaming videos, or working on cpu-intensive projects.
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare Multi-touch Display; 2GB NVIDIA GeForce MX130 Graphics.
- 16GB DDR4 2400 SDRAM Memory for full-power multitasking; 512GB 2.5 SSD offer enough storage for your files
- 802.11 Wireless-AC + Bluetooth 4.1; 1x USB 3.0 Type C, 2x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI, 1x Media Card Reader, 1x Combination Audio Jack, Integrated 720p Webcam, Audio by Harman, 2x 1.5w Speakers
- Windows 10 Home (64 bit). Backlit Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader, Active Stylus; At just 0.78" thin and starting at 4.4 lbs, durable 360-degree hinge
The battery life is however not impressive
- Screen: 15.6 inches
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Intel Quad-core: i7-8550U
- SSD: 512 GB
- Fingerprint reader and Bluetooth
The touchscreen of this laptop can give you great viewing experience. If you enjoy streaming or watching movies through your laptop, you will appreciate the laptop’s excellent picture quality. The 16 GB memory enables you to enjoy using different apps without worrying about any delays. The manufacturer of this laptop uses palm-rejection technology in its making to give you a natural writing experience.
It comes with beveled edges and an advanced touchpad that enhances comfort and control. Unlike other regular models, this laptop features a 360-degree hinge, which makes it possible to flip it into a tablet mode. Such advanced capabilities are meant to give you a better viewing angle even when you are using the laptop from different positions. Apart from that, the laptop is also known for offering quality audio. This is because it features Dolby Audio Premium, Harman speakers, sound leveler, and advanced volume maximizer.
- Features a backlit keyboard
- You can switch it in different modes
- Comes in a beautiful design
- Contains a fingerprint reader
- Some customers reveal that this laptop heats up during extended use
Lenovo Flex 5 can help you fulfill your needs since it is not only fast but also equipped with some advanced features. This laptop not only has impressive specs but also delivers a great viewing experience.
LG Gram– It is lightweight and portable
- 17 Inch WQXGA (2560 x 1600) resolution 16: 10 IPS display
- Intel 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8565u Processor
- Windows home 10
- 72Wh Lithium battery up to 19. 5 hours Battery Life (mobile mark 2014 standard)
- Thunderbolt 3
Some users, however, reveal that the display offers glare.
- RAM: 16 GB
- SSD: ITB
- Graphics: Intel HD 620
- Screen: 15.6 inches
Thanks to the backlight keyboard, you can still use this laptop even in an area with less light. Unlike other laptops, LG gram has 2 SSDs. Since they work together, they give you space of up to 1TB, thus enhancing convenience. This model does not contain HDD and therefore performs much better than some laptops. Another feature that makes LG gram stand out is the long-lasting battery. While some laptops can only go for 6 hours, you can use this model for up to 18 hours.
- It contains multiple ports
- Touchscreen display
- Backlit keyboard
- Extended battery life
- The speakers are not that great
The premium performance of LG Gram is what has made it quite a popular laptop in the market. This not only has some captivating features but is also durable and versatile. It is also among the lightest laptops available.
Products we don’t recommend
Chuwi Herobook Pro– A poorly performing laptop
- 【Powerful Core】 - Powerful and efficient Intel quad core Gmini Lake N4020 processor, with fundamental frequency of 1.1GHz and burst frequency of 2.6GHz, based on 14nm technology and 5W ultra-low power design. The built-in high-performance Intel UHD graphics 600 ensures faster image processing and provides higher image quality.
- 【7-in-One】 - Equipped with high-speed m.2, 1 x USB 3.0 + 1 x USB2.0, fast charging DC port, 3.5mm headphone jack, micro SD card slot, TF card. It supports Bluetooth 4.2, 2.4G WiFi, 4 speakers, single camera and dual microphone. A mini HDMI can support audio and 4k60hz video output.
- 【Storage What You Need】- 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD storage. With up to 128GB TF expansion and a separate M.2 SSD expansion.
- 【Thinner and Lighter】- CHUWI HeroBook Pro weighs only 3.06lb（1.39kg） and slims to 0.84 inch（2.13cm). And the slim laptop has 14.1 inch Full HD 1920x1080 IPS display. A monstrous 38Wh polymer lithium-ion battery with ultra-low power interl CPU enables it last over 9 hours.
- 【One year reassuring quality assurance】: free maintenance within one year after purchase and free return/exchange within three months.
If you want a computer for heavy use, you should avoid this model since it can easily let you down. For instance, the internet explorer takes time to get started, and you cannot use it for long since it is slow, and the battery life is disappointing.
- Screen: 14. 1 inch
- Windows 10
- RAM: 8GB
- SSD: 256 GB
- Display: 1080P
Some people even reveal that connecting this laptop to the internet is an issue. Though the price of this laptop is reasonable, you may not enjoy using it. You cannot even use it for activities such as playing games since it overheats quickly.
- It is cheap
- It overheats quickly
- Not suitable for PC gaming
- Does not connect to the internet well
- It is quite slow
As you look at the best budget laptops with SSD, it is important to check what other customers say regarding a particular model. Chuwi Herobook Pro may come highly advertised, but it receives a lot of negative reviews from customers.
Chuwi Lapbook Pro– Has few ports
- Powered by Intel Gemini-Lake N4100 quad core 64-bit processor (up to 2.4GHz), 8GB RAM makes the multitasks feel smooth and responsive, and 256GB SSD storage can save more data, which is faster than HDD. Extremely lightweight laptop at only I.3kg and only 0.22 inch thin, with an unbelievable texture.
- 14.1 inch IPS full lamination display with 1920 x 1080 Resolution, better experience for watching video and daily use. And 90% screen-to body ratio gives you a wider field of view, even under strong outdoor lighting. In addition, night mode and color adjustment will help reduce eye strain.
- To prevent typing fatigue, LapBook Pro is equipped with a backlit keyboard in the perfect key distance. The LED inserted in the keyboard provides precise lightness to avoid light leaking, reflecting, or even sight interference. Furthermore, the ergonomic button design offers you a comfortable typing experience.
- Multiple Ports, more convenient. It comes with 4 ports, 1* USB 3.0, 1* Headphone, 1* Type-c and 1* Micro Video port. Type-c port can be used for charging and data transmission. And it also supports windows 10 touchpad gesture.
- It equips large battery capacity with 37.24Wh battery, Designed for on-the-go users with an all-day battery life of up to 8 hours. Dual band WIFI 2.4G / 5G.
- Screen: 14 inch
- SSD: 256 GB
- RAM: 8GB
- Wireless communication technology: wifi and Bluetooth
The laptop tends to overheat such that you cannot use it while placing it on your lap. The number of ports available here is also limited. Besides that, you cannot open this laptop with one hand since the magnets responsible for holding the screen when it is folded are quite strong. Some users also don’t like the extra huge charger it comes with. If you like downloading different files, this laptop may disappoint since it is not as fast as some of the earlier discussed models.
- Poor cooling system
- The charging system is flawed
- It is hard to open
- The battery fails after a short period
You can only use this laptop for light tasks such as typing or listening to music. It is not the best in managing difficult tasks.
A guide to help you find the best budget laptops with SSD
SSD laptops are high performing products that load fast and allow you to do a lot within a short time. Such laptops are known to retrieve and store data faster than HDD laptops. If you want to purchase such a laptop, you have to pay attention to the following.
If you want a portable machine, you should compare the different sizes available. SSD laptops vary in size, and getting the lightest system is vital if you plan on carrying it regularly.
You should also be keen on the specs of an SSD laptop before buying one. The specs include memory size, mass storage drive, display, processor, battery life, and graphics. Being keen on these features can help you get a laptop that can meet your specific needs.
Before you start shopping for a laptop with SSD, you should set a budget. As you focus on the cost, you need to get a laptop with SSD that has a great display and high performance. Start shopping online so that you can easily compare the prices of such laptops.
It is also essential to pay attention to reputable brands. Some of the manufacturers have been making such machines for decades. Investing in a laptop with SSD from a renowned brand can save you from a poor experience. You need to get a quality laptop that you can use for long without spending more cash on repairs. A good brand can give you value for your cash.
Many laptops with SSD come with a high price tag. This is because they deliver more than those that come with HDD. Our guide has reviewed some of the best budget laptops with SSD to ensure that you make the right decision. As you compare the models we have discussed, take note that no computer is perfect. Choosing the one with minimal flaws can, however, help you enjoy using it. All the best!